Monday, May 24, 2010

First (half) day of daycare

We took Archer for a trial run at daycare today. It wasn't as hard to leave him as I expected, but that's probably because he was asleep in his carseat when we left him. :)

When I picked him up after 3.5 hours, he had drank 2 oz. from a bottle and had taken 2 short naps. He was asleep in a crib when I got there. With other babies crying and playing nearby. And Death Cab playing loud-ish on their stereo. I can't believe they got him to nap in the crib!

The gals at his daycare today were super friendly. When I came in to pick him up they told me he how cute he was and that he'd been doing great. Just the kind of stuff a mommy wants to hear. His report for day 1:

"Archer had a good 1st day. He had fun playing in the birdy bouncey! Lots of smiles."

I feel really good leaving him in their hands. Hopefully we continue down this road!

He goes back tomorrow for another half day, then starting Wednesday he and I are both back to daycare and work full-time!

Asleep in the crib!


Comments from Miss Jessica

0 comments: